Ayurvedic technique of genetic engineering to ensure healthy progeny and to determine the sex of the child is Pumsavana or Garbhopachara (Susruta Samhita Shareera 2/31). Pumsavana is one of the Shodasha Karmas (Sixteen rituals) practiced in various stages of life in ancient India. Ayurveda uses many Gender selection drugs such as - Putramjeevi, Vatankura (Ficus Benghalensis), Apamarga, Sahachara, sahadeva, viswadeva, swetabrhati, etc. Pumsavana - Choice of child Precautions:
* Susruta states that, the conjugation on even days (4-6-8-10-12) gives rise a male baby and on the odd days (5-7-9-11) to a female baby. [the day count is from the day of menstruation]
* The husband is also asked to have a rejuvenate food or medication to make the testosterone rich and a qualitative and quantitatively fit semen to generate. The Black gram, beans, etc. is good to vitalize.
* To get the choice of child - have the medication immediately after conception conformation till to third month on Pushyami star day, according to the procedure. Do not attempt before, as there may be a chance of altering your hormone states.
* After consumption of medicine must lie down in left lateral position for 30 minutes.
* It is better to chant or hear “Gayatri mantra” on the day of medication and even after.
* Consume as much as milk and Payasa (milk porridge) and calcium rich foods in the regular food.
* Consult your Ayurveda Physician - time to time for the advise. To determine the use pattern of sex selection drugs (SSDs) or in rural North India an integrated qualitative and quantitative study was conducted. The Ayurvedic procedure